Aaron Jorbin Resume
Aaron Jorbin is an experienced product engineering leader in
the online media space. He has formed and lead teams working
on both new and ageless properties. Aaron has been described as "An Engineer's Engineering Manager" and someone that grows and develops people. He is a sought out public
speaker having spoken at over 50 events and delivered multiple keynotes. His community involvement includes 11 years of
working on WordPress and 15 years with the education
non-profit American Model United Nations.
Penske Media Corporation
since 05.2018Sr. Director of Editorial Technology
- Hire multiple engineers and lead training and on boarding.
- Establish and improve relationships with vendors.
- Rollout Engineering Career Ladder to organization (20+ engineers).
- Oversee multiple teams that include direct and matrix reports.
- Deliver multiple corporate top-ten projects each year.
- Enact first corporate hackathon.
- Improve corporate open-source contributions.
09.2016 - 05.2018Director of Engineering
- Direct product engineering by an internal team & contractors.
- Relaunch flagship property, increasing time on site 16% YoY.
- Run meetings for stakeholder teams.
- Model revenue & costs around video distribution strategies.
- Manage the launch of new brands cafe.com and thedad.com.
12.2015 - 07.2016CTO
- Lead development on new platform.
- Launch initial product in under 3 months.
- Organize product planning retreat for twelve stakeholders.
since 12.2013Technical Architect
- Architect system & performance improvements for six publications.
- Migrate infrastructure for six publications onto AWS.
- Launch three publications on to WordPress.
07.2012 - 09.2013Sr. Interactivity Engineer
- Lead front-end development, user experience design, & user interaction design.
- Initiate weekly metrics reports & investigations.
- Shift design to a more agile & browser-first paradigm.
10.2010 - 07.2012Web Developer
- Build a culture, plan, & system to simplify release cycle .
- Develop code loaded over ninety-billion times per month.
- Institute accessibility as an organizational priority.